It was a slow and lazy Friday afternoon with no work. After lunch I and my team members were discussing about their respective weekend plans, when suddenly out of nowhere my manager appeared and asked us if we were ready for some team building activity. He was managing two teams and wanted us to get familiar with each other. In the start we were a bit apprehensive about the whole idea as we had already finished our lunch and being mid of May it was really hot outside. But after knowing about his plan we all got very excited. He actually proposed to climb the hill behind our company's campus. Trekking in the scorching heat was an insane idea but we were thrilled at the very thought of viewing our campus from the top of the hill.
After collecting some refreshments, we started at 2:30 and by 3 were at the base of the hill with photo sessions happening all the way. From a distance it looked like a cake walk but once we reached the base, only then we realized that it was not going to be an easy task considering the heat and our full tummies ;). But we were still very enthusiastic and we continued our ascent.
Here I would like to make a special mention of Anchal (my then team mate, fellow trekker and a good friend :)), who was wearing sandals on that day and was courageous enough to accompany us despite the fact that she also had to travel to Bombay ooops Mumbai the same day. I can bet she had a terrible weekend :P
After reaching mid way the excitement began to dry up and by the time we covered the 3/4th part, more than half of the group started panting and cribbing. Some of them had to catch the early bus to mumbai and they did not wanted to miss that, so we decided to descend from that point.
The descend was not that easy due to loose gravel on the way, but we slowly and carefully managed to return safely to the base.
I did not complete the trek but guess this was first time when trek bug bit me and I became a regular trekker. Although the next one came almost after a quarter but it paved the way for my umpteen future treks!!!.
Truly Nostalgic....miss our trekking days...thanks for penning this down.....:D
ReplyDeleteMore like typing it :)
ReplyDeleteNice...
must have been gr8 fun...
Hey Amit..
ReplyDeleteNice description....I can perfectly relate to that trekking bug....I am sure u wanna go back and trek to the top..
Ur extra effects of 'current moods' are good :)
Kudos on ur first post..keep writing..
Shikha